Gerlie's Meaty Veggie Lasagna

Gerlie's Lasagna

Lasagna is a good pasta to eat but a tedious one to prepare. This is my own take of this favorite pasta dish. I don't use cream and condensed much these days but you can add some to yours. I also love the Clara Ole chunky tomato variant because it is not soury as its Italian variant and not too sweet as their Filipino style, plus of course, I can see some chunks of tomatoes indeed.

If not for the words NO BOIL in the Ideal lasagna package, I wouldn't buy this because I know, it is a long procedure to complete a lasagna pan. And I admit, after the first try, that this still needs some boiling. It just didn't work out for me, the no boil texture. But I enjoyed my lasagna batches which I boiled... so im sharing my latest prep with pesto... i so miss the the basil scent!!!

1. PASTA:
Boil as per package instruction
( still boiled, though I used Ideal Gourmet No boil)

2. SAUCE:
2T olive oil
Garlic, minced
Onion, chopped
1/2 kl Beef
1 cup Shiitake mushroom, chopped (if dried, soften with hot water , reserve water)
1/4 kl Carrots, chopped
1 can sweetcorn kernels (reserve water)
4T pesto
Salt and pepper
Dried herbs
1kg Clara Ole Chunky Tomato

Saute garlic and onion in oil. Add beed until browned, then add mushroom, carrots and sweetcorn. Let cook, add pesto, salt and pepper.
Spronkle with the dry herbs and add the sauce. Add reserved water till desired thinness of sauce. Let cook.

3. Cheese:
Quickmelt  cheese
Parmesan cheese

Grease a large baking pan,  add 1 layer of  pasta (1), then put sauce mixture (2), then put cheese (3). Repeat until all pasta are used up. Finish off with quickmelt cheese, parmesan and some pesto on top. Bake for 10 minutes at 190C in a preheated oven to melt the cheese.

The dots of dark green are my homemade pesto. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*