My Note: Unexpected in facebook


At first, I was hesitant to use facebook after hearing that they are getting copyright over all posts including photos. That was more than a year ago.

Upon registration, I searched some real friends and invited them. It was such a bit bore until the next day or two when I found many web friends inviting me because we play the same game application such as Farm Town, Sorority Games, Fashion Wars, and Mafia Wars. In the gifting application, the Li'l Green Patch, I found environment-friendly people and this is where I first enjoyed a facebook app.

Facebook is useful for meeting old friends and new ones, exchanging ideas and news. Among the downside is the issue on identity theft, slander/libelous exchanges, and false news items and trashy videos.

One national mourning was memorable for me: the Ampatuan Massacre. At the time, the sorrow is one among the Filipinos and the cry for justice is in unison. Until now, the cry still rings.

Along the way, i enjoyed the facebook games, the facebook friends, facebook miini-conference/ meetings, facebook gifting, and other apps. On my wall, aside from many friend updates, I have news, humor, scripture and even fortune readings. There are also many interesting places seen as posted by friends from around the country and outside.

Recently, I saw a profile pix where a web friend was tagged. It says "MS Nobody gets until one gets it." My web friend commented, "SO TRUE!!! I had no idea what MS was until I got it, and I'm still learning!!" (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=12508072&id=745945612&fbid=10150183795915613)

From that one click, I was invited to make another click. I don't get it. What is MS? Then I clicked another one and I get it. MS means Multiple Sclerosis. I get the meaning of MS, i mean. But of course, I don't get a thing about it. I googled immediately and got some tip of the iceberg idea of the disease. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis)

But then, I need not google to understand MS. From the second profile pix which says that the World MS Day is May 26, i was personally touched by the thread. (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=12576370&id=745945612&fbid=10150185852115613)

I felt camaraderie, i felt acceptance, i felt sincerity, i felt understanding among MS-sufferers who shared their feelings with fellow sufferers via their facebook account. I felt privileged to have been led to this thread by one click of curiousity.

I wish everyone in the MS network of friends a courageous, brave and meaningful life every day!

As for regular facebook users, may you have many useful clicks everyday.

Cheers to a long happy hours of fb clicking.... (June 2010)

********

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=12508072&id=745945612&fbid=10150183795915613
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=12576370&id=745945612&fbid=10150185852115613

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)