Fire: Our Times: The Illustrated History of the 20th century

 


This one of my heaviest books in my shelf at home and one of my favorites....
Anyone interested in trivia, history and general knowledge will appreciate this big book filled with glimpses of the 20th century.


Browsing through 1978, my birth year, I uncovered that the first test tube baby was born on that year; that decade defining movie Saturday Night Fever of John Travolta was shown; that on same year three popes were headlines as the last two predecessor of the well loved Pope John Paul II died on same year and he was named as pope on the same year! Yes, these are just good to know facts....


Given the photographs and illustrations that accompany the big book, my nephew enjoyed it vy much too... I told him, he can have his first inheritance from me! LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)