The Book Thief


The Book Thief
Markus Zusak
2005, Fiction for Young Readers

I finished the book because I loved the title, and was so interested with anything about holocaust although it was a plain pain on my ass. Congratulations to me! I find the short title intro at the start of the chapter of the author so distracting and unnecessary, and irritating. I have not seen the movie but I guess the movie (2013) will be a joy to watch.

But don’t blame the book. It just made way to me when I am already into nonfiction, and after reading everything I can reach about the holocaust. Minus that short title part, this book is a highly recommended read to young readers as introduction to the infamous era in the history of our civilization.

Films like Life is beautiful (1999) Italian film, Schindler’s List, and Left Luggage (1997) Dutch film and books, The Diary of Anne Frank and It happened in Italy come flooding to mind.

N.B.
Watched the film later and I decided that I loved the book more. In fact, I appreciated the book more after watching the film. The book is about loads of useful philosophical insights but the movie, of course, fell short because it did not translate the essence of the book visually. You should read the book first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)