Revisiting Cebu Sites and Sights



A Visit to the Philippine Taoist Temple in Beverly Hills, Cebu City is one of the highlights of a city tour of Cebu province. One can pray there and make their wishes there as per instruction made at the door of the temple. I didn't get to try because I do not want to disturb the peace of the pilgrims, the atmosphere in the Taoist Temple is very much unlike the Buddhist temples I had been where they welcome everyone inside. Photos of the Altar Temple is also prohibited. I had been here in 2009 and even before that but still I enjoyed the visit because I am showing it to my aunt whose visit was the first time. (Free entrance)

                                                                                     ***

This is the Cebu Zoo which still undergoes renovations to make it interactive. It houses birds, crocodile, monkeys and some snakes. Since, it is just a little farther up from the Taoist Temple, it is a worthwhile stop, especially when one has take-out or packed lunch because the have tree houses and tables under the trees. This is my first visit. (Entrance P25/pax)


***


***


***
A visit to Cebu is not complete without going to Lapu-Lapu City, the hometown of our local hero who conquered Magellan in 1521. My previous visit to this place is captured here.


***




***
A visit in Cebu City is never complete without dropping by the Sto. Nino Church which is just beside the Magellan's Cross and the old-timer La Fortunata Bakery as well as the City Hall. I am no Catholic but a visit to a church is always in my list just like temples and hopefully I can visit a mosque someday. I had been here for many times already. Please check my previous visits here  and here.



***


***


***


***


***


***
We were not able to go to the Fort San Pedro, Cebu City which houses a museum. Check out my past blog here re Fort San Pedro.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)