La Passeggiata

In my new Sunday's best,
I want you to observe me
do the subtle hand sway
as I walk along the bulb-lit alleys.
I want your eyes to pursue me.

In my new leather stilettos,
I want you to anticipate me
do the lightest steps
as I near the historic center.
I want your gaze to trail me.

In my newly bought scent,
I want you to witness me
do the gentlest stroll
along the streets of this old Italian town.
I want your mind to follow me.

With my hand-held gelato,
I want your buds to share it with me
while we do the laziest strides
together towards the piazza.
Come quick, keep up with me.


Gerlie M. Uy Copyright 2015.
*This poem is inspired after reading Under the Tuscan Sky
and It happened in Italy. Click on the links to check out my reviews on this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)