Terracotta Army of Xi'an, China



I can't believe I was not able to churn out something about Xi'an in my blog. 
So here is my late blog of my February 2012 Xi'an trip. Xi'an is the old capital of China.
This is a photo of me with the thousands of dug terracotta army behind me.
This is literally a complex of terracotta army and horses as well as weaponry. 
The digging is not yet complete and it is still being continued.
This is how a human can go only to assure of his immortality.
Contrary to some grumbling by foreigners,
I don't mind that these armies are far from the touch and smell of the tourists since 
these images are centuries old, and so they should be preserved very well. 
And even if preserving them means keeping them meters away from the tourists..

***


An army and his horse in a glass casing, for up close scrutiny of the tourists.

***


Encased kneeling army.

***



Close up photo of the digging.

***


Unfinished diggings.

***


Some more armies.

****


The army. They have different faces and expressions. 
A few is reported to have colors.

***


Closer I get...

***


This is fake. Those in front of me and beside me are replica 
while those at the back are in the tarpaulin.

***


Terracotta Horse.

***


This house the armies and their horses. 
There are more diggings to do...

***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)