One Summer Noon In Baguio







BAGUIO CITY, Philippines. In April this year, I chanced to visit Baguio City for a very short time and it happens that it was noon time when my friend and I got there. The heat hit me like I am not in the Summer capital of the Philippines. What can I expect, given that it was summer and it was noon time.

My friend and I went to the Mine's View Park and the Lourdes Grotto. The Mine's View was over crowded with stalls that tourists can hardly enjoy the view in the small viewing area. It was such a disappointment because the souvenir and pasalabong shops were mushrooming side by side each other with no air to breathe in between. When I get back, I shall prioritize in visiting Camp John Hay rather than this touristy area which is not that crowded eight summers ago.


I was just happy that I was able to climb the Lourdes Grotto despite the direct sunlight...


Here are my photos of the Mines's View:


***


***


***

The allure of Mine's View is actually during night time
when the houses flicker against the darkness.

***


The everlasting flower kissed by a bumblebee...

***




***

The mushrooming houses and hotels and other structures...

***

The Igorots before the entering the path leading to the Mine's View

***

Passing by the UP campus.

***

The popular soft brooms.

***

The crowd at the Mine's View

***


Costumes for Rent

***

Plants for sale

***



Here are my photos on my way and at the Lourdes grotto:


***


The Lourdes Grotto

***



The Lourdes Grotto

***

Jesus Christ lifesize image...

***

on top of the hill leading to the grotto.

***

The Lourdes Grotto.
This is the first time I visited the grotto
 and it was such a climb but it pays as this is a new
experience for me...
And the Baguio flowers are just so alluring:


***


***


***


***


***


***

Baby's breath



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)